Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Buckeyes



Here are my new Buckeyes.  They are known for killing mice and rats!  Isn't that cool?  I have noticed they are pretty forward for chickens!  I have seen them challenge both of my dogs!  And the roo even tries to dance around me when I am not looking.  I will have to keep an eye on him! 
They are funny birds with lots of personality.  I have 6 hens, one roo and there is also a miscellaneous black copper marans hen that turned out blonde!  She grew up with them and seemed as good a place as any for her. One of the red hens comes to my back deck and jumps up on a stool by the window and looks in at my while I am on the computer!  It is hilarious!
Come Spring 2012 I will be selling hatching eggs and chicks. Contact me for availability.

3 comments:

  1. hi Sherry: I met you at the rickreall poultry swap in oregon. I bought a buckeye and a delaware i think mix from you. I am wondering how i can buy some more buckeyes. I just love my hen unfortunately for some reason when i came home today i found her dead. Now yesterday she was laying around more then usual but i just thought it was because it was warm and the older ones were doing it.I checked her out and i didnt see any evidence as to why she would of died. I was wondering if you might have some ideas. Also do i need to worry about the rest of my flock? Any suggestion or ideas would be appreciated. thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you lost your buckeye girl! I am not sure what happened. I would just watch the rest of your flock closely for anything unusual. I don't have any buckeye chicks for sale right now, but I do breed them. Do you hatch? I could send you some hatching eggs. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to e-mail me directly please send to cosmos@olypen.com.

    ReplyDelete